There are just some NFL Draft picks that make sense. Either from a fantasy, fan, or "hey, I remember that guy at State U", perspective, some players and teams just find the right mix to match up and excel.
With that being said I hold no dreams of being Mel Kiper, Jr. I can't recite their 40-yard times or tell you how many times they benched 225. However, I can tell you that there is something I just like about these selections:
Reggie Bush, RB, New Orleans Saints
- Its no secret that the Saints want a new facility and should they retain Reggie's services and the region gets back on its feet - then the 2006 pick of the USC running back might have just caused heartache in San Antonio, who will have to wait a longer time for a team. Bush could basically equal Michael Vick in Atlanta, being the main attraction for folks who don't normally venture down to Poydras Street.
Vernon Davis, TE, San Francisco 49ers
- It seems like the Niners have been against the cap since Joe Montana and they haven't drafted well in recent years. However, the team used the TE pass a lot with Eric Johnson. Now they have someone who is doubly freakish. Davis will be a good start for QB Alex Smith to develop a rapport.
Matt Leinart, QB, Arizona Cardinals
- This Cardinals offense could be f'in incredible. He has plenty of weapons with Fitzgerald, Boldin, and newly acquired Edgerrin James. If he does play in year one, Leinart will only need to make good reads and distribute the ball to his playmakers.
Tamba Hali, DE, Kansas City Chiefs
- Chiefs need defense and the Penn State pass rusher is very good. Some guys names you can just picture staying on a jersey for years. This is one instance.
Santonio Holmes, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Look, Holmes is a punk bitch, period. However, there is no better team to knock that crap off (outside the Patriots) than the Steelers. Cowher doesn't take guff and those new Super Bowl rings will keep the rookie in check. Just shut up, Santonio and you'll realize you're in a plum situation.
DeMeco Ryans, OLB, Houston Texans
- The Texans' best pick in the draft. Check back with me in October and you'll see.
Tim Jennings, CB, Indianapolis Colts
- Georgia secondary guys are usually great covers that aren't afraid to hit. For the Colts, this will be something they haven't had in a while.
- Love these picks.
- $54 million buys some time
- The Bush House
- No more Irish to kick around anymore
- E-A Sports, Its in the Game (TM)
- Night time is the right time.
- History isn't kind
- Statistically speaking
- Final Four pictures
- Sometimes, simplicity works best
- Goodbye Indianapolis, Hello Atlanta
- Gator bait
- The View from Indianapolis
- ▼ April (13)