1. Ohio State
4. West Virginia
12. Virginia Tech
13. Notre Dame
14. Florida State
19. Boise State
23. Georgia Tech
25. Wake Forest
- Notre Dame and Georgia drop a spot for needing improbable comebacks. Georgia moves out of the Top 10 because they are one confident opponent away from being removed from the unbeaten ranks. While I feel good about the Irish win there are still major concerns.
- The only other explanation required is about teams 22-25. California gets back in after crushing undefeated Arizona State. Georgia Tech and Washington get in for nice wins this week and combined that they've lost to Notre Dame and Oklahoma. Wake Forest gets in as the last team because they beat Connecticut and Mississippi on the road easily. The two opponents aren't heavyweights, but the Deacons showed no sign of struggle in either game.
- We're down to 19 undefeated teams. This week sees Ohio State travelling to Iowa as the only game between two unbeatens. Top 25 vs. Top 25 include Virginia Tech hosting Georgia Tech.
- The Top 3 all hit the road in somewhat tricky places. Iowa has had the OSU game circled for some time, USC needs to make sure Dwayne Jarrett is okay otherwise, Washington State could provide problems and Auburn finally hits the road, period. Michigan is also on the road at Minnesota and Oregon travels to Arizona State.
- Texas and Wake Forest play absolute dogs this weekend: Sam Houston State and Liberty.
- Four teams are out of action this week: West Virginia, Louisville, Florida State, and Oklahoma.
- Houston, Missouri, Purdue, Rutgers, and Texas A&M are all undefeated at 4-0 but not in the Top 25. Four could make statements this weekend as Houston plays at Miami (FL), Purdue travels to South Bend, Rutgers plays at South Florida, and Texas A&M hosts Texas Tech. Missouri hosts 0-4 Colorado.
- Top 25
- Terrail Lambert, My Hero
- Blogpoll 2.3
- Top 25
- What We Know Now...
- Damn. Damn. Damn.
- YOUR Viewers Guide - Sept. 16th
- The Top 25 - Sept. 9th weekend
- What We Now Know
- What You'll Be Watching This Weekend
- Top 25
- What we now know... Week 1
- The Early Irish Report Card
- Let's Get This Party Started...
- ▼ September (14)