December 31, 2005

Peach Bowl Smackdown!

LSU 40, Miami (FL) 3

So last night I was all in anticipation of getting our cable back on, which we did, in time for the best non-BCS game between the Tigers and Hurricanes. My friends and I do this bowl contest where we try and pick the winners of the games with the point spreads involved this year. I took Miami due to JaMarcus Russell being out for LSU.

Wrong answer. The Tigers played like this game meant something and Miami played for a quarter and a half. LSU did whatever they wanted to do, and I must add I think the notion that Miami always has the fastest team speed now has to be passed to the Bayou Bengals.

This win, er beatdown by LSU included fake punts (plural) in order to keep the ball out of Devin Hester's hands. (By the way, Devin, if your thinking the NFL, don't. Your not ready, son.)

LSU served notice that the Tigers will be ready next year after closing out an emotional 2005 season. Miami now has to be lumped somewhat with Michigan and Tennessee. Nobody fears the Canes anymore. They don't play with swagger all the time, they aren't unbeatable at home, and they don't have the market cornered on speed athletes that they once had. Larry Coker has to be feeling some heat, for sure.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Heavenly time period: College football season until the championship game of March Madness.