January 27, 2007
Duke vs. Clemson
I simply get tired of the refs not doing their job completely (click here for the YouTube video of the ending). You have video you can review and should know that there is no way a shot can only take 0.6 seconds to shoot from 20-feet. They could have reviewed more film than the Warren Commission, instead they sloppily determine that 4.4 seconds should be left and Duke wins when the Clemson defense breaks down.
Then today, I log on to CBS Sportsline and lo and behold there is the obligatory, "we messed up, but the game still stands" article from the ACC supervisor of officials as well as the "no comment" line from Duke University.
The good part is related to our discussion about the NCAA Tournament is that the Committee is a human element who will weigh the result with the clock error, in some cases throwing out the result of the game in their minds. Clemson won't be punished for the miscue, as well as Duke not receiving as much credit had McRoberts not thrown the ball away.
Duke travels to Littlejohn Coliseum on Thursday, February 22nd. I know I will be watching.
- Who needs wins... Wednesday, January 31st
- Duke vs. Clemson
- How to Project the Field of 65
- This Could be the End for Me
- Our trip to the Dean Dome
- Shows what I know...
- We talked contenders, lets talk pretenders
- The Official Beginning of College Basketball
- 2006 Final Poll
- The Final Countdown
- Notre Dame 2006-07 Post-Mortem - Part One
- The 11th option in Miami tonight....
- The look after 14 hours...
- Glendale's Dress Rehearsal
- The Granddaddy of them all...
- New Year's Day Liveblogging
- Rockin' the NYD Bowls
- ▼ January (17)
- ► 2006 (87)