Thank God for EDSBS. Its a bit of a slow reaction, but this is me.
Is there a better way to kill the off-season than talking about ourselves?
Never. Always fun to learn about people and how messed up they truly are.
List the region of the country you were born in, what universities you attended and at least one other you would have attended if your alma mater didn't exist.
Grew up in a border state, Kentucky, attended UK in Lexington before finding a small Christian school that had my major. Graduated, finally, at age 30. If I had to do it all over again? I would have paid attention at age 15 and got myself into Notre Dame.
List your top 10 favorite teams in all of sports in descending order.
1. Kentucky basketball
- Religion, pure and simple.
2. Notre Dame football
- Still have the old, holy sweatshirts. Call me a bandwagoner? No, no, no.
3. San Francisco Giants
- Barry's innocent. (Okay, not really, but if it wasn't a rule, then can it have been broken?)
Huge dropoff to mild interest:
4. Edmonton Oilers
- Love their scrappiness and the Rexall Place is old-skool hockey.
5. San Francisco 49ers
- Was on for the bandwagon, but will earn big points when they become good again.
6. USA anything
- Usually around the Olympics or World Cup.
- I like the hated, the discarded, the judged to be pompous arrogant asses. Unless its Michigan or Duke.
- Holy contradiction, Batman - how can you like the cinderellas and the arrogant orphans? Easy, because either the Man (big, bad media) hates them or ignores them. Bring me your huddled masses yearning to known...
If the maniacial teams didn't exist:
9. Boston Red Sox
- How can anyone have not become a fan after 2003 and then 2004? Redemption.
10. Alabama football
- The Program of the South.
List the movie you've watched the most, your favorite sports related movie, the movie you secretely love but don't like to admit it (possibly a chick flick or b film) and the movie you were (or still are) most looking forward to from this summer's season.
1. Godfather the most. Bull Durham the best sports flick. I love A League of Their Own. (Shut up.) Can't wait for Pirates, part 2.
List your favorite band from middle school, high school, college and today.
I was the demographic that made rappers rich in the 90's: white suburban wannabe with no rhythm. High school saw the shift to rock and classic rock and that continues today with a few pop hits sneaking in there.
Favorite city you've ever been to and the one place you still must visit before you shuffle off this mortal coil.
Fave city is a tie between Boston and San Francisco. Love places with water. Before I buy the farm I will see Alaska from a cruise ship.
What do you love most about college football in 20 words or less.
The fact that politicians in $1000 dollar suits got on hands and knees and played with UGA when he visited.
20 exact. Damn, I am good.
- ▼ 2006 (87)